OUR THEMES FOR 2018

Well Folks, here is the long anticipated list of themes for 2018.....and all coming together under a magnificent 'umbrella' created by Chris Chiplen.

Lots of squares, blankets, hand warmers, hats and toys.
Our love and care in every stitch.
Volume...... so there are always enough items for every needy child.
Every child receiving our knitted and crocheted items will know that they are valued and loved.

January - Teddy Bears Picnic.......Amy...... Teddy squares, sqs in teddy colours/textures and TOYS galore!

February - All things African.........Bev.........   Nelson Mandela, African colours, Flag, African animals,  Football team, etc

March - Think Boys! .........Gloria.......  Colours, cars, trains, planes etc

April - Love @ Christmas.....Valerie.........  All things Christmas 

May - Warm hands, Warm Hearts........Sue G.......  patterned heart sqs, heart embellishments, handwarmers

June - Think Girls!........Karen G ........... Colours and 'girly' embellishments

July - The Wonder of Learning.......... Amy....... counting, ABC, colours, words, etc 

August - Sharing our Favourites.....Sharon F.........whether it be a pattern, stitch, technique, colour, or embellishment.

September - I do like to be beside the seaside.......Lesley......colours of the ocean, creatures of the ocean, rock candy

October - Four Seasons....... Susan D. ......  your current season or favourite season, e.g trees/leaves, flowers, birds and the colours you associate with each season.

November - Celebrating Yarn...........Anneke........  textures, weights, plain colours, variegated, neon etc

December - Happy Scrappies ............Pam......... using up bits from our yarn stash to make room for new stash for the New year!

Thank you Everyone, for your assistance and feedback in compiling this list and those who were able to host.

I hope Santa brings you lots of inspirational and beautiful yarn.  xo

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Looking forward to the 2019 Wish list and Themes. I’ve checked in a few times on the forum to see what’s happening as I haven’t made any items this year, been busy with other activities. I have just started making squares again, and as we can now sew them together I shall make a blanket with pink and lime green squares in all different patterns.

• Hi Nicole. My apologies....we have just a couple of months of 2019 to finalize and then the list will be posted under a new discussion....possibly by the end of this week. :))

At this stage, I can tell you that we begin the year with.....

January.....TOYS - SOFT, CUDDLY, HUGGABLE LOVE......time to fill up the KASBarn toy chest again, with lovingly made or caringly selected new and pre-loved toys. Picture, patterned or PJ/coloured squares representative of.

February......A SLICE OF AFRICA....African-fabric-inspired designs and/or colours, traditional houses, cooking implements, flora and fauna unique to or commonly found, in Africa. Mandela Day.

March......A IS FOR APPLE.......Educational squares using colours, letters, numbers, short words, appliques/pics. Anything that stimulates learning.

April.....LOVE IS IN THE AIR......Colours of love....stripes of red, pink and white, appliques and knitted/crocheted-in hearts, cupids, etc.

Remembering that PJ (plain coloured, in garter stitch or single crochet) squares,  in each theme, are most needed and very much appreciated.  :))

• I've just been having a good sort through my yarn to see which colours I need to buy for a new blanket project for an upcoming monthly theme. I'm ashamed to say that I find I probably already have enough to sustain the Odds & Ends theme throughout the whole year, never mind one month. That won't stop me buying the new colours I "need" though!

• Oh Patricia, I could echo every word of this :))  Had to buy more yarn yesterday to complete a current project, and today received a notice from the Post Office to collect a parcel which I know contains  ........   you've guessed it!    And this while my stash seems to be multiplying every time I turn my back.  Why is it we never have just the colour we 'need' - lol .  Should certainly have enough Odds and Ends by December!

• And I'll definitely need to make sure I have sufficient seaside colours!

• I'll look forward to that!

• If I live to be 100, I'll still have plenty of yarn....but still, I keep buying......but everyone should have one obsession...it keeps life interesting......and I'm not harming anyone......lol.

• Thank you once again for coming up with such inspiring themes and catchy titles to keep us busy throughout 2018. 

• For me this is the best list ever, I think. So inspiring, I may even have to get knitting for KAS again instead of sending the money I would have spent on postage to fund distributions.  Just for a couple of packages in 2018 maybe.  Ideas that grabbed me as I read were:-

Football teddies and puppets

Girlie teddies and puppets

Squares with stripes of eyelash/boucle/mohair and all the other difficult to knit yarns, great way to get rid......!

Scrappy squares, teddies and puppets

Many thanks to all of you who think up and organise the projects, you have my very best respect   Roz xx

• How wonderful - I shall add the list to the UK Facebook page........ and I can feel my fingers itching already with some of these themes - I am already brimming with ideas!

This reply was deleted.