Square Circle Forum

Ronda and Wendy have been producing quite a catalogue of photographs from the recent distributions, rather than post them a few at a time, it was decided to create a discussion page where they could be displayed more speedily so that members might be able to spot their squares, garments or hats earlier!  Spotting one of our own creations in Africa really does spur as on to even greater creativity!

Here is one of the gorgeous children in a
'before' and 'after' photo!

Often one reads comments from members wishing they could do more, but the only thing we have to do, is exactly the amount of goodness that each of us has available from looking after our families etc.,  EVERY SQUARE  is so very valuable, and it does make a difference. KAS members have contributed an astonishing number of squares during the last 4 and half years - added together, we have brought comfort and warmth to thousands upon thousands of deprived, vulnerable, and, sadly often unwell children.  Below is a quote from one of the loveliest Africans to grace that continent - Bishop Desmond Tutu which really summarises everything the KAS Band of Sisters & Brothers do, day in day out, freely and without thought of self!  We knit & crochet to support these children totally unconditionally.

Views: 14665

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Oh YAY!! I see one of Jen Phillips's vests....and the pretty pink hexagon sweater,...was that one of Anne's? I remember seeing it before....just not 100% certain that it's hers.

I want toadopt them all. They'rs just beautiful.

So DARLING!  :)

This is the final batch of photos from the Thinvhuyo distribution 25th June - they are group pics, but it would be lovely if some members spotted a garment, top, hat or cuddly toy that was sent!

I didn't spot any of my hats or tops, but I did spot a lot of beautiful, happy-looking children.

I may recognise one hat of mine!!! oh this is heartbreaking 20 child headed families it brings tears to my eyes. I'm going to use my 67 minutes to parcel up stuff which is lying around my house luckily I'll be paid on friday so can then afford to post them out.

I hear you! I just realized I have some toys sitting here that can go today!  

I notice that the hats and vests/sweaters are fitting much better these days!  It's good to see that there are many smiles among the faces of the children, as well.  I'm so happy that KAS has that affect on them!  We all want to hug these precious little ones, and, in a way, we are hugging them.  Bless KAS for its work.

It's nice to see we can put a smile on some of their faces.  It's such an eye opener to see how other people have to live.  They look so happy just to get a hat or sweater and a little stuffed animal.  Just breaks your heart!  Go KAS!

I see some very familiar looking socks...I know I sent some identical to those but in larger girl sizes, so I guess they will be "knee highs" for now, lol.  Great photos!  Thanks so much for sharing them, it enlarges my heart each time I see these gorgeous kids. :D

BONENG IN ALEX ON MANDELA DAY 18th July 2013 - Here are some of the wonderful red & white hats that galvanised our members last Summer and Autumn!

Love all the Christmas colors in these pictures.

RSS

NEWS FLASH !

KNITTERS !

THERE IS A NEW PATTERN IN THE KAS PATTERN BOOK.

IT'S A SWEET KNIT DOLL, SMARTLY DRESSED IN A JOLLY JUMPSUIT

Click on the KAS Pattern book [see tab above] or follow the quick link HERE

Donations

Make a monthly donation:

Or make a one-time donation:

KasBlog

Read the latest KasBlog from Andrea :

BEHOLD THE EVOLUTION

Please click here

PATTERN REVISIONS !

A NOTE ABOUT OUR PATTERN REVISIONS AND WHY THEY ARE IMPORTANT

This photo shows some excellent vests with good body length and generous armholes.  We are recommending having armholes 1/3, side seam 2/3 of total body length. 

To read more go to : 

Pattern Revisions

SQUARE SHOP

Paper for a Crèche

paper

Give the children the chance to share their creativity by providing paper to draw and write with.

Click Here to buy paper.

RADIO INTERVIEW !

20th June 2014

LISTEN TO RONDA !

Ronda was interviewed live on Radio Veritas at 08h30 on 20th. Tune in to 576MW or DSTV channel 870

Direct Link

click on the sound symbol on the left side of moving grey line!

© 2014   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service