Square Circle Forum

Ronda and Wendy have been producing quite a catalogue of photographs from the recent distributions, rather than post them a few at a time, it was decided to create a discussion page where they could be displayed more speedily so that members might be able to spot their squares, garments or hats earlier!  Spotting one of our own creations in Africa really does spur as on to even greater creativity!

Here is one of the gorgeous children in a
'before' and 'after' photo!

Often one reads comments from members wishing they could do more, but the only thing we have to do, is exactly the amount of goodness that each of us has available from looking after our families etc.,  EVERY SQUARE  is so very valuable, and it does make a difference. KAS members have contributed an astonishing number of squares during the last 4 and half years - added together, we have brought comfort and warmth to thousands upon thousands of deprived, vulnerable, and, sadly often unwell children.  Below is a quote from one of the loveliest Africans to grace that continent - Bishop Desmond Tutu which really summarises everything the KAS Band of Sisters & Brothers do, day in day out, freely and without thought of self!  We knit & crochet to support these children totally unconditionally.

Views: 14994

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

More photographs are from a distribution earlier this year at a school in Diepsloot : 

It always makes me wonder how these kids line up so nicely and are so patient.  This would never happen here.

I am so happy to see not only kids wrapped up in warmth, but the variety and color of all the squares and hats....BRAVO everyone for your sterling efforts.  Just the thought of a child going to sleep at night with no parents....and needing someone to believe in them, love and care for them.  Combine our efforts with those of their sterling caregivers and what a huge boost for a child...look at the confident smile on that last photo---maybe that child will grow up to in turn care for others and help them to never give up hope eh?

Photographs of the cuddlies from a distribution earlier this year at a school in Diepsloot : 

So many of them pop their cuddlies on their backs! It is lovely to see how much they love them.

Look at the little ones already relating to their stuffies, in the first two photos.  That is SO touching, really tugs at my heartstrings.  They now have a little delight, a friend to confide in, to love and hug.  How precious is that?

Whoever did that knit lion in the last photo---bravo!  Altogether a super treasure box of gems to look at here.  Just makes my day....

How it touches me to see the love these children show for the gifts given them.. These children are the future of Africa and I am so happy to be able to help in a small way.. I go to sleep at night thinking of these little ones and get up each morning with the same wish for a better future for them and for all children world wide who are in similar situations... truly this is an amazing example of the love we should all be showing to those less fortunate.. Bless you all ...

PORT ALFRED DISTRIBUTION IN 2013 - KAS sent a consignment down to Port Elizabeth with the very generous financial help of Fawn Jopson of Coastland Sales in  Port Elizabeth, whose Johannesburg offices paid for a courier service (they also paid in 2012!).

In Port Elizabeth they were taken over by Davina (a distant cousin of Ronda's) who also runs a group of knitters making squares, having them stitched up and distributed locally.

Davina took this KAS consignment to Port Alfred, about 90 kms away, where municipal councillor, Terri Stander distributed them and took photographs.

In the first picture Davina is the blonde lady on the left and Terri Stander to the right.  Ronda asked me to mention the lady in the middle carrying a load on her head - these ladies walk miles and miles in  South Africa carry such weights!

Oh thank you for these pics, it is wonderful to see the children all dressed up in their new hats and blankets.

The pictures of the babies strapped to the back are so DARLING!!! 
Obviously these kids are very happy with their new items!  :D

Thank you for these pictures.   It is amazing to see how far KAS can reach with some very welcome help from generous people. 

It is amazing to see the load carried on the top of the head.   I just can't imagine how they do that.   And seeing the children wrapped in their new blanket on mother's back, with the new toy snuggled in, too.

It is really encouraging to hear about companies like Coastland Sales providing transportation help so our goodies can reach places that KAS might not be able to afford to get to.

RSS

NEWS FLASH !

THE NOVEMBER SQUARES LIST IS AVAILABLE  HERE  ! 

The South African Postal strike is over.  However, the huge backlog means the S.A. team will not receive parcels in the order sent.  Do not be dismayed if your parcel is not on this list, it will be on the next one or even the one after that !

In your parcel, please remember to include the Packing Inventory slip found HERE.  

Donations

Make a monthly donation:

Or make a one-time donation:

SQUARE SHOP

SQUARE SHOP 

Need a last minute Christmas gift ? Or something for a 'hard to buy for' person ? Why not purchase a ream of paper.

paper

Or a set of posters.

learningposters

Link to KAS SHOP

PATTERN REVISIONS !

A NOTE ABOUT OUR PATTERN REVISIONS AND WHY THEY ARE IMPORTANT

This photo shows some excellent vests with good body length and generous armholes.  We are recommending having armholes 1/3, side seam 2/3 of total body length. 

To read more go to : 

Pattern Revisions

KasBlog

Read the latest KasBlog from Andrea :

THE KNIT(-A-SQUARE) RETREAT

Please click here

Ronda on the Radio!

20th June 2014

LISTEN TO RONDA !

Ronda was interviewed live on Radio Veritas at 08h30 on 20th. Tune in to 576MW or DSTV channel 870

Direct Link

click on the sound symbol on the left side of moving grey line!

© 2014   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service