Square Circle Forum

Some of Mabel's pics from last week in Sebokeng - there were four separate groups, each of about 100 children.

As you can see, it was quite a large gathering with some pomp and ceremony.

Our indigenous people like to make a great celebration of such events, with speeches and dancing/singing acts, costumes and so on.

And always food, which everyone makes a contribution towards no matter how poor they may be ... so there's a strong sense of community and it's very special !

Views: 353

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh I'm so glad that they all have toys!

On the picture before last and another of the same baby girl, we can see Christine's C. "sweet peas blanket" wrapped around the little girl. Congrats, Christine!!! I'm thrilled for you. 

Thank you Diana for spotting my blanket! I am delighted to see a blanket I made for the June theme wrapped around a child :)) I am so thrilled! So many children will be warmer as a result of these distributions, thank you Mabel and team.

I have just spotted one of my squares in photo's 19 & 20. I am amazed to see it amongst so many blankets, it is a bright pink square with a teddy face applique.

Congrats Chris!!! I thought that that was your blanket.  xo........and your little teddy square certainly stands out in the blanket.

How wonderful to see the community celebrate the children receiving the blankets, toys, etc....very humbling to see our contributions so greatly appreciated. 

Wonderful photos and amazing celebrations !

Wow!  About 400 more children warmed.  Amazing!

What a wonderful welcome back after my 5 weeks away. These pictures are just wonderful, but sad at the same time. I spent a lot of time this month explaining to family and friends exactly why Knit-a-Square is needed. So many people just don't realise how many children in this world have nothing.

It is so great to see and hear about these community events! And so fulfilling to see that the children are learning the joy found in giving as well as receiving. Keep on keeping on ladies and gentlemen. 

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2018

SHOP

NEW! Downloadable Artwork

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The SEPTEMBER  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Oct 14.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service