The Square Heart Award

October 2016

Variegated love!

Thank you Lina for the square heart.

Goes to:

Lina 12345

from USA.

Lina [ Aline ] describes herself as a scientist by day and an avid knitter by night. She was at that time in her homeland Switzerland, now she has moved to the USA. When Lina first found us in 2013 she was a keen new crocheter too, and finding it addictive ! Ah you just had to find our forum Lina ! Lina said knitting and crocheting for KAS is a very straightforward and efficient way of helping children in need. We agree that it is wonderful to have an uncomplicated charity that enables us to give directly from the heart and hands to children in need. 

Lina has contributed to KAS children many times with beautiful and imaginative work. She has made squares, sweaters  and really lovely blankets and toys.   Here are some of her early squares you may not have seen for a while, and then a lovely array of beautiful blankets.

•      August Challenge : Uruguay / Niger / Ivory Coast / Somalia     July challenge (a bit belated)    Hearts (as square decorations!)  July challenge: self patterning plain jane

Blanket # 15  Blanket # 12 / October favorites  Blanket # 11 / October favorites Blanket # 16

Blanket # 10  Blanket # 8  Blanket # 6  Check-Mate Blanket # 7

Thank you Lina for making so many beautiful gifts for the children of South Africa !

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you so much for your kind comments ladies, I have to return the compliments to all of you as all your beautiful works never cease to amaze and inspire me. KAS is such a wonderful thing, I am truly honored to be part of it. Sorry did not see this until yesterday and have been a little off the forum lately for work related reasons, but hope to come back very soon & stalk all your creations!  

• Congratulations Lina! I always admired your blankets, especially " many little happy sun" / Wheel Spoke squares/.

• Congratulatons Aline, your work for the children has been greatly appreciated! I hope you are not missing your Swiss mountains too much :))

• Congratulations Lina on your reward!!! 

• So very, very creative!  Congratulations, Lina, on your award.  We all enjoy seeing your work and innovative designs.

• Congratulations Aline,you mske some stunning creations :))
  • Aline your knitting is stunning.  Thank you for your beautiful contributions.

• A well deserved award Aline !  Thank you for all you have done for the children.

• Congratulations on receiving the Square Heart Award for October, 2016, Aline.  :))

You have provided so much warmth and love for the children to treasure.  :))

Your blanket designs are always stunning.  :))

Thank you for your continued support of 'our' children.

This reply was deleted.