Square Circle Forum

SQUARES LIST 2018

The JUNE 2018 Squares List is available.

Please see page 7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important Reminder:

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE TAKE GREAT CARE IN FILLING OUT THE CUSTOMS SLIP.

Please declare '0'  as the parcel value. If your postmaster insists on a value, please declare $1.00. Anything more incurs customs fees. Before mailing any parcels, be sure to read the instructions in the

ZERO TOLERANCE - WE NEED YOUR HELP discussion at

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/zero-tolerance-we-need-...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Squares

-pack flat                                  -tail neatly butterflied                             -bundled in 5/10

2. Inside the parcel: Include the Packing Slip                                        3.Check Postage before mailing 

********************************************************************************************************

**************************************************************************************************************

Views: 3781

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have just posted an article I found regarding a 400% increase in international parcels arriving in South Africa. The increase has caused big delays in sorting as every single article goes to Johannesburg for sorting  this would explain why it is often months before members see their parcels on the squares list.   I know many of us were getting concerned when our parcels didn't appear.  Hopefully this will put everyone's minds at rest

Thanks Susanne, that does explain a lot!

Thanks Sue...breathing easier.  :))

Bev, could we trouble you to post this info on the Australian Group page - it might bring back some confidence, and, people will start sending again. Thanks!

Will do, Pam.  :))

Hmm, for some reason or other, it's not letting me copy. Sue,  could you please share the link where you got this info?

Bev, I believe this is the link of the article that Susan informed us with: https://www.iol.co.za/mercury/parcel-volumes-up-by-400-sa-post-offi...

Just scroll down to see the article. It is published in December 2017.

Hi Bev. It was actually a screen shot I took and posted, not a link

Hi Susan, I found the link of the article for you and Bev. Maybe easy to use for Bev?

Thank you Sue and Anneke for your help. I have copied, from the link, what I consider to be the relevant 'bit' and posted to the group.  :))

Thank you so much, Susanne. My first parcels this year took a long time to arrive, as they were sent via airmail, as there's no seamail between France and SA. However, a parcel I sent at the end of May arrived very rapidly.

Ladies, Thank you for all this helpfull information. Normally I explain to people who are worried about their parcel that  it takes long before the parcels arrive from the Airport or harbour to the PO in Bryanston. At the Bryanston Post Office are so many parcels and new parcels will be placed on top of the existing pile, this also can be a reason that sometimes previously received parcels can be picked up later than the newer ones.  I also inform people that surface mail can take sometimes 3 -6 months to arrive. I inform them that I noticed that  airmail has become slower, most likely because of the more strict customs control.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for June figures click :

See how you may help!

Stipend for Thomas Appeal

SQUARES LIST

The JUNE  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Jul 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service