The February 2013 Square Heart Award goes to:

Grace Weir

Dorchester, United Kingdom

Grace is the designer of the very popular Grace’s Ribbed Vest, which is included in the KAS Pattern Book.

Another rainbow vest 1

She also contributes with many lovely hats, squares, and go over sweaters.

GO-OVER

Go Over for the January 2013 Challenge

Red and white Beanie 3

Kareemah Hat

August challenge 2

She is an active member of the KAS forum, taking part in each monthly challenge, and posting photos of her amazing creations.

She also comments kindly on fellow members' photos, encouraging us all to continue with our mission to produce warm and comforting items for the children.

Grace had a heart attack not long ago, but was soon back, making more and more vests, and participating in the forum!

Here is an album of the scrumptious Grace's Vests !

We thank Grace for everything she does and continues to do for KAS!

Striped go-over

Striped Go Over

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations Grace!!! This award is so well deserved! You are a true inspiration to us all!

I, like Heather and Bev am not crazy about ribbing, but I will join in too and hope we make it to 100 vests!

• Congraulations Gace well deserved. All those children running around in your vests !

• Congratulations to you, Grace!  The description of you is so apt 'that you comment kindly on fellow members' photos and encourage us'.  I was so happy to see you posting photos again after your absence from the Forum last year.                

Well-deserved!  Bravo!!

• Dear Grace, Congratulations! A well deserved award for you. Your ribbed vests has a special meaning to me. My Mom has knitted those when we were young and I loved to wear them. Sooo warm and comfortable. Every time you upload a new one I have to think of that happy memory. I am glad to have you with us. xoxo 

• well done and crongrat's , i have downloaded the pattern so will be makeing some  in between moving  will get them off once settled in my new home.

• Congratulations Grace!!!!!!!

• Congratulations, Grace!   And thank you for being an inspiring force. 

• Congratulations, Grace!

• Many congratulations to you, Grace, on winning this award - thoroughly deserved! In your honour, I will definitely try a 'Grace's Vest' this month - and this will be a real labour of love, as I hate ribbing and avoid it whenever I can! However, I set my goal this year to try out all the garments in the KAS pattern book, so this will be the next.

Much love to you!

Heather x x x x

• Warmest congratulations, Grace. :)) You are such an inspiration to us all. I have procrastinated over creating one of your vests for soooo long, as like Heather, I don't care for rib very much....probably cos I'm not crash hot at it, but will certainly try one this month.  I hope many other members (knitters, that is) will answer the call and try one too.

Psst...maybe I will try one in varigated yarn and then my imperfections may go largely unnoticed...hee hee

You are so deserving of this award....hip hip horray.  :))

This reply was deleted.