JANUARY 2024 THEME - DIAGONALS AND STRIPES

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Welcome to our first 'themed' month for 2024.......
DIAGONALS and STRIPES!!

When thinking of diagonals, I liken it to climbing a mountain (or maybe a small hill. I'm afraid of heights!). You can go quickly at the bottom (short rows)....but then as you near the 'summit', the 'path' takes longer....until there you are... 'at the top' (finished increasing your stitches) and then you're laughing, 'cos now it's downhill (decreasing stitches) all the way.....and by the time you approach the finish line, you're practically sprinting (through those last, ever-decreasing rows)!!
 12343889093?profile=RESIZE_400x

Stripes, in all manner, including diagonal stripes, create some of THE most snazzy and interesting blankets. They are also a good way to use up any little leftovers you may still have, hanging around from other projects....Thin stripes, thick stripes, diagonal stripes....all fun, all pretty, all GREAT!!

12343887878?profile=RESIZE_400x

Let's start the year off with a BANG!!

CoM (colour of the month) is...

ORANGE!!

12343889901?profile=RESIZE_584x

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Diagonals and Stripes

A bit late, but I just finished it off yesterday.12374585482?profile=RESIZE_930x

• A real beauty, and looks soft and warm, too.

• Sandra you are patience personified ⭐.   This must have been a labour of love to design let alone create on your needles.   It's so dreamy + very 'you' ♥️

• This is a scrumptious blanket.  Reminds me of several flavors of sherbet...lots of yummy raspberry.

• Wow!! Looks TOTALLY de-lish, Sandra!! LOVE the raspberry colour....and the self-striping yarn must have been fun to work with....the colourways are beautiful !!!

• Didn't quite have the right sunlight to photograph until today.

Color of the Month....and stripey blanket with COM accents.

12373367484?profile=RESIZE_400x12373367865?profile=RESIZE_584x

• Amy both entries here are really lovely, immaculate even.   You've been a busy lady ⭐

• Amy, you have outdone yourself!   I love the bobble heart pattern, and all the orange texture squares.   But, that blanket is a winner!   The swirls that the yarn made are just amazing.   I hope you have that yarn in every color.laughing

• Have it is lots of colors.  Joann's Big Twist.

• LOVING your orange squares, Amy....especially the bobble heart square.  :))

Your colour combination(s) in the blanket  are ASOLUTELY delightful....LOVE hot pink and orange together.

This reply was deleted.