KAS CALENDAR 2013 - is up and available!

Hi everyone, just to let you know that the KAS Calendar 2013 is now available, please see the Square Shop on the righthand side of the page.

Here is a quick link : http://knit-a-square-shop.com/?product=calendar-2013

Once the order confirmation arrives in your mailbox, the calendar will be available for download.

The calendar is a wonderful source of fund-raising for Knit-a-Square and KasCare.  Once the calendar has been purchased and downloaded you are free to send it to as many family and friends as you wish - spreading-the-word is vital!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Sandy, I ordered the calendar. Erica, thanks again for your advise. Indeed it is not obligatory to become a Paypal "member".

Upon receipt I immediately went through the calendar month by month, read the beautiful quotes......what a lovely surprise to see my square of the April-May challenge!! I recognized more lovely squares made by my KAS sisters and the beautiful blanket of Maria Teresa.....and the lion square....all so beautiful....and then I was very touched by seeing the "dressed for Christmas bear".....I am speechless......Thank you sooo much to have honoured me this way.....

.....Time has passed as from the dates these squares were made and will now give warmth and shelter to a child....which is the best desire and thought I ever could have on Christmas Eve....... 

• Go to Sorted in South Africa - Erin is holding up your Kitty and Caterpillar Anneke!

• Hi Sandy, Hi Pam, I tried to buy the calendar WITHOUT using paypal but without succes. I would like to make payment using my creditcard, I don't want to give paypal "permissions" with regard to me signing their agreements and use from Paypal's side of cookies in my computer and so on. I like to keep the management of my bankaccount myself, any third parties involved like paypal is not what I prefer. So what can I do? The "normal donations"  for KAS can be done with my creditcard, so I hope there will be a solution? Thank you so much.

• Hi Anneke,

No worries! When you get to the payment account and it asks you to log in with your PayPal account, look down a little way. There's a link labelled "Don't have a PayPal account?". Click on that, and it will allow you to make a once-off credit card purchase. PayPal will not record any of your details, and you don't have to create a member's account or agree to anything beyond what you'd need to do for any other credit purchase. :)

I completely understand the desire not to give financial information away to third parties, and heartily endorse it! But just as a quick side note, it's worth mentioning that as a purchaser you're far less likely to fall victim to credit card fraud, 'dodgy dealers', and malicious software if you do use PayPal than not, assuming you make online purchases. That is because when you purchase something through PayPal, only PayPal has your card details. If you re-enter your details into every site you want to purchase from, than if even one of those is a 'dodgy dealer' then all of your data is exposed and likely to be sold; names, numbers, CCK, expiry dates; not just your account name. Additionally, malicious software (malware) like key-loggers can record all information you type. If you're typing in your credit details every time, they have *all* that information... But if you're using PayPal they have, at best, your PayPal username and password (which you can easily change). Finally, if you're not using PayPal you're still going to be going through some kind of third party. Unless you're dealing directly with bank-to-bank transfers, all online credit processing is done by companies like PayPal... It's just that PayPal is the most famous. :)

Here ends the unnecessarily long online security lecture! ;) (I work in an office full of some of the most security-phobic geeks you'll meet, they almost all prefer PayPal.)

• Hi Erica,

Thanks so much for the explanation! Indeed you are right, it is more risky to type credit details every time in case of buying goods from internet sites. That's why I never do that, ONLY when I can pay with IDEAL, I go to my bank immediately without any third party involved. But you have convinced me that PAYPAL is safe:)

I will give it a try again, the CALENDAR 2013 is a MUST HAVE:).

My KAS Dream donation went through paypal too but I didn't have to "agree on their conditions", I just could make the payment.

Wish you a lovely Christmas and a prosperous New Year. xoxo

• Thank you for that lesson in online payments, Erica. Good stuff to know!

I use PayPal when it's available....

• I just downloaded my 2013 calendar- Wow, I think this is the best one yet - love the photos and the quotes on every page - Well done, Sandy!

• The ezine is done and apart from rather disappointing blank black spots which I was not able to fix, I hope that everyone will enjoy it and that lots of you will buy calendars.  it comes with love anyway.  Have a wonderful Christmas everyone. Sandy

• Thanks Pam.  The KASCalendar is a wonderful last minute gift.  I give a calendar to people who have donated squares or yarn.....and thus spread the word as well.

This reply was deleted.