THE BARN

FROM ESTELLE'S REPORT:
Opening Day at the KASbarn June 6 2023.
Today was barn day with a difference. We welcomed Carla Guedes and two of her colleagues from the American International School of Johannesburg and 10 of their students. In addition to her classroom work Carla supervises a group of students who are learning to serve through the yarn arts. We are grateful that KNIT-A-SQUARE was chosen by you as one of your charities to support this year. 
Read more about the June news from The Barn in this discussion.

JUNE THEME - BEAUTIFUL AFRICA

Just one of the many inspirational posts that are in this discussion.  Be sure to visit this page to see how

Beautiful Africa truly is.

THE BLANKET ROOM...

SO COLORFUL

Many thanks to our photographers in The Barn and Patricia for posting the 100s of blanket photographs that encourage us to keep on creating warmth for the children.

JUNE DISTRIBUTIONS

As we wind down the second quarter of they year with distributions made by Vivienne, Wandi, Themba, Lindi, Ronda, Estelle and Athele you can see the multitude of children whose lives are forever changed by a KAS distribution.

SQUARES LIST FOR MAY

Check back in July for this List as we will be combining

May and June together.

NEWS FROM AUNT NELLIE

Hi everyone, this is Karen.   As I have mailed 3 parcels to South Africa today I popped into the KAS Shop today to cover my postage handling fees, and while there I happened to bump into Auntie Nellie!  

She sends her regards and says she'd love to see and chat with any of our kind members who have time and cash to spend in store.

She also told me that distributions are going along thick and fast it would be handy to cover expenses for fuel while shopping please....   An emotional reminder that the children are feeling the cold in the low temperatures just now.       

Welcome to the newest members of the KAS Forum

Jackie Delap from Canada

Lily from Australia

WINTER TEMPERATURES

JULY THEME

WHAT'S ON YOUR HOOKS AND NEEDLES?

Let's clear out all those projects that maybe half done,

sew in all those pesky tails, and share your

wonderful work in this discussion.

JULY COLOR OF THE MONTH

Turquoise

ARCHIVES FROM JUNE 2015

Happy Scrappy Doll – a sewing pattern

by Anne Scott (UK)

A change of pace from making squares !

For those of you who like to sew, the Happy Scrappy Doll is a wonderful way to brighten a child’s life.

The beauty of this doll is that it can be made from scraps of material.

Please consider making a doll for a boy as well as a girl.

All children need a special friend to provide comfort and help them cope with their world.  

Then have fun designing a companion for a lonely child.

Choosing material with a brown skin tone will reflect the appearance of ‘our’ children.

The children appreciate receiving dolls that look like them.

The pattern instructions and doll pieces are available HERE.

Other toy patterns are available

in the

KAS Pattern Book.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Once again, a beautiful account of the life of KAS. So much interesting information, presented clearly, full of colour.

Thank you Amy.

• Fabulous Snippets once again Amy. It was a great idea to suggest looking at this months Africa theme. I was blown away by the stunning work from all of our contributors- the blankets, the squares, the colours used and the planning and thoughts that have gone into all the items. What a team we are blessed to have! 

• Thank you Andrea for this wonderful masthead.  We don't have lions, tigers and bears...we have zebras, elephants and frogs.  Love it!

This reply was deleted.