During the week of July 22, Mabel loaded up the car and drove all the way to Monontsha Village to help distribute over 70 blankets to the children living there.  KAS was contacted by Alice Latha who is trying to warm as many children as possible here in this high elevation area of South Africa.  Elevation = 1909 meter or 6263 feet above sea level.

Some history of the Qwaqwa area in which Monontsh Village is location from the internet:  

QwaQwa was a bantustan ("homeland") in the central eastern part of South Africa. It encompassed a very small region of 655 square kilometres (253 sq mi) in the east of the former South African province of Orange Free State, bordering Lesotho. Its capital was Phuthaditjhaba. It was the designated homeland of more than 180,000 Sesotho-speaking Basotho people.

The frequent snow on the Drakensberg mountain peaks led the San to call the region "Qwa-Qwa" (whiter than white).

Our precious Mabel preparing for the distribution.

The march up the hill.

A note from Alice:  

Knit-a-square thank you so much. Yesterday we managed to deliver your blankets to one of Villages Qwaqwa called Monontsha. I wish you could have been there to see how you touched those kids lives. MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

Please note that we managed to deliver +-70 blankets to Qwaqwa as charity donation through her assistance. We thank all knit-a-square team for well done Job without you guys this was not gonna be possible. From Latha's family and Monontsha Village we thank you.

Mabel, here with Alice, drove a total of 700+ KM to make this distribution possible.  If possible, please visit the KAS Shop and donate to "Keep the Motor Running", every little bit of financial help enables KAS to reach more children.

Thank you Alice and Mabel.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Lovely report. I think in the last photo of children with blankets (above the note from Alice) I can see one of mine on the child at right rear too!

• Congrats and good spotting, Wendy....pretty colours.  :))

• Well done everyone!

(sending a donation to "keep the Motor running" to help a bit)

• Well done Mabel and Alice....heartwarming to see all the lovely warmth created by our clever crafters and knowing how much it means to the children.

Thanks for sharing, Amy and I will definitely shop to keep the motor running when I do my monthly 'shop' next week. 

This reply was deleted.