What's on Your Needles and Hooks in October 2024

What's on your Needles and Hooks in October 2024?

There is loads of colourful inspiration around us at this time. In the northern hemisphere it is Fall/Autumn......reds, browns,oranges and yellows, to name a few

12984358458?profile=RESIZE_400x

12984358277?profile=RESIZE_400x

and....
in the southern hemisphere it is Spring.....all the colours of the rainbow

12984359062?profile=RESIZE_400x

And if that is not inspo enough,
the CoM (colour of the month) is.....
PINK!!

12984448877?profile=RESIZE_400x

Go hard....go crazy....let's see what ya' got. laughing

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You might remember that I am not really a fan of pink, but I know that Bev is, so I bought special yarns for this month.

I used Karen's pattern for a basketweave blanket and all the shades of pink yarn that I had gathered.    It is VERY rare for me to knit an entire blanket, but using two yarns together and a large needle, I managed to finish this one.

13027639499?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Fanatastic blanket Sharon and lots of work using 2 yarns.

Some of that yarn looks like it could have come from my stash.

• Made me laugh, Amy.   We probably get the same sales advertisements in email and buy the same yarns, knowing the children like color and texture whenever possible.laughing

• Oh Sharon I'm delighted + super flattered that you've knit this all-in-one blanket!   It's terrific.   The sheer size + weight as the length increases can drag on your shoulders so perseverance is key.   Very well done xx

• I enjoyed working the pattern, Karen, and will probably do one again in the coming year.   It didn't feel too heavy, certainly no worse than a Tunisian Crochet blanket when nearing the end.   I can verify that it is warm!   I had to sit sideways with the blanket off my lap as much as possible to work the border.

• 13017085280?profile=RESIZE_710x13017086064?profile=RESIZE_584x

A double strand basketweave blanket knit in one piece with a pretty blue, green and yellow variegated toned with a grass green.

The 12 hats are knit with the leftovers from the blanket - they're pretty outrageous and certainly eye-catching!

• So love that Spring green blanket.  I just puts a smile on my face!

Great hats, too.

• Loving all the shades of green in the blanket and the hats.   The neon color really makes them pop!

• LOVING the colours in your signature basketweave blanket, Karen.  :))

The colourways in your hats sure are eye-catching. Started to pick a fave, but the more I looked the more I liked.  :))

• Pink squares for you Bev.13004932881?profile=RESIZE_400x

This reply was deleted.