What's on Your Needles and Hooks in October 2024

What's on your Needles and Hooks in October 2024?

There is loads of colourful inspiration around us at this time. In the northern hemisphere it is Fall/Autumn......reds, browns,oranges and yellows, to name a few

12984358458?profile=RESIZE_400x

12984358277?profile=RESIZE_400x

and....
in the southern hemisphere it is Spring.....all the colours of the rainbow

12984359062?profile=RESIZE_400x

And if that is not inspo enough,
the CoM (colour of the month) is.....
PINK!!

12984448877?profile=RESIZE_400x

Go hard....go crazy....let's see what ya' got. laughing

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 13031349885?profile=RESIZE_584x

A cheeky set of 10 double strand hats based around the CoM especially for you Bev ! xx

• Beautiful set of hats.  It's always fun watching the patterns emerge.  Happy Hats!

• Ten warm heads in SA this coming winter.  I am drawn to the yellow and pink one.

• TOTALLY DE-LISH, Karen!!! I LOVE them all SO much!

Trying to pick a fave was pure torture (I didn't want to offend the unpicked ones.....haha), but I think they are the pink/white, pink/yellow or lemon and the pink/black? next to the 'yellow' one......but then I also want to mention the pink/greys and the two each end of the top row. The colourways on all are so pretty, I just love the randomness of them.

• Another fantastic group of hats, fun colors and warmth all around.

• This is a story I feel I can only share with avid knitters and crochet ladies. Last week I developed a terrible pain in my right shoulder. A pain level of 12out of 10. I tried everything , but it got worse. I ended up in Emergency over our Thanksgiving weekend. As I have a Auto Immune disease I was tested and checked for a reoccurrence. Blood tests etc. all was normal. They then decided it must be a blood clot in my lung. Tests negative. We were supposed to leave on holiday yesterday for The Grand Canyon and then the Phoenix. On Drs orders cancelled the trip. Now for the final diagnosis, it's certainly not something I wanted to hear. BURSITIS in my shoulder due to OVER KNITTING . I knit in 3 different groups a week. Give sock knitting lessons once a week.Not to mention doing my serious knitting at home. I'm known as a thrower knitter which doesn't help either.  Cortisone injection and no more than 5 minutes knitting a day. You can see that my Dr isn't a knitter. Not vacation and no knitting. Can it get any worse ?.

• Oh blimey Pat - what an upsetting tale to tell.   I'm sad and sorry for your aches, and lack of holiday to such fabulous places.   Rest up honey xx

• Aw Pat, feeling so very sorry for you. What a bummer!!!

My friend had bursitis in her hip a few years back and it certainly sounds dreadful.

Wow! No more than five minutes knitting, your fingers must be twitching. My knitting time this month has been virtually non existent and I know I'm getting a little tetchy.

I do so hope that things improve soon and you are able to take your trip. Sending big hugs. xoxo

• Do you knit English style?  I used to but my late Mom showed me Norwegian style (Continental) and it made a tremendous difference.  There is so much less movement in hands and almost none in the shoulders.  Also less stress in the shoulders and neck.  At first it felt so strange but now I very rarely use the English method.  Hope your bursitis goes away and soon.  

(I had a bad fall with a spinal fracture and injured muscles. 85 days in hospital. I could not move even my hands or arms at first.  I nearly went mad because I couldn't KNIT !  I actually grabbed my knitting bag as I was being taken to emergency.  It's called priorities! I ended up knitting 3 1/2 Teddies in the hospital with all the nurses, caregivers and food helpers stopping to check on the progress.  I told them all about KAS.  KAS kept me sane I'm sure.)

• Hi Arlene. I have sent you some pics and links from Estelle and myself that I hope will help you sew your blanket together. xo

The anticipation of said blanket is killing me....but NO PRESSURE.....hahaha.

Don't overdo it, I want you to make a full recovery.  :))

This reply was deleted.