Granny Square Day was created in 2014 by US crochet whizz Susan Regalia, who realised that Instagram’s iconic grid format could be used to replicate the patchwork arrangement of the classic granny square blanket online. Others soon caught on to the concept and so Granny Square Day was born – bringing the worldwide crochet community together in a celebration of design and colour. “A blanket is a gift of comfort and love,” says Susan. “When any of us view or contribute some of these granny squares, it’s as though we join in to a giant world hug with each other!”

August 15th is this year's Granny Square Day.

I am sure we could all have a go at a Granny Square - simple or as complex as you like - this year ready to send off to South Africa!

Why not post a photo of your work in this thread?

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I thought I had already posted mine....... just very basic, but it is the best I can do :)

3437340639?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I'm on a roll now. This is basically the same pattern as before but I was surprised how different it looked with just a couple of variations.

3436627886?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Oh goodness me - that is just so beautiful!  It is amazing what a difference the colour change has made!

• I'd been meaning to try this new pattern I'd found, Rebecca, so you've given me the ideal opportunity.

3429622559?profile=RESIZE_710x

• It looks so complicated - and beautiful as well - great colours, too!

• This is very pretty!!

• Oh wow, Patricia!!! A GORGEOUS square....such a pretty pattern and LOVE the colours.  :))

• Goodness this looks complicated.   Beautiful ❤️

• I don't crochet either... But  I am really looking forward to seeing what you clever folk create.

• A GORGEOUS square, Amy.......very effective colourways.  :))

This reply was deleted.