JANUARY 2024 THEME - DIAGONALS AND STRIPES

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Welcome to our first 'themed' month for 2024.......
DIAGONALS and STRIPES!!

When thinking of diagonals, I liken it to climbing a mountain (or maybe a small hill. I'm afraid of heights!). You can go quickly at the bottom (short rows)....but then as you near the 'summit', the 'path' takes longer....until there you are... 'at the top' (finished increasing your stitches) and then you're laughing, 'cos now it's downhill (decreasing stitches) all the way.....and by the time you approach the finish line, you're practically sprinting (through those last, ever-decreasing rows)!!
 12343889093?profile=RESIZE_400x

Stripes, in all manner, including diagonal stripes, create some of THE most snazzy and interesting blankets. They are also a good way to use up any little leftovers you may still have, hanging around from other projects....Thin stripes, thick stripes, diagonal stripes....all fun, all pretty, all GREAT!!

12343887878?profile=RESIZE_400x

Let's start the year off with a BANG!!

CoM (colour of the month) is...

ORANGE!!

12343889901?profile=RESIZE_584x

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 12365661483?profile=RESIZE_584x

Some CoM knitting here - 8 double strand hats, 2 diagonal squares - which I haven't made for aaaages and really enjoyed - and some stripes for good measure   Xx

• Such cheerful colours in this terrific selection!

• What a cheerful collection of warmth, Karen!  You are definitely doing a great job of keeping little heads warm ... xo

• Wonderful warm hats with a touch of orange.

• A great collection, Karen.   love the way the stripes worked out.  

• As always, lovely work!

I really like your diagonal squares:-)

• I love it when I rediscover a pattern I haven't made lately.

• Bright and cheery collection you've got here, Karen....LOVE them all !!

Orange sure does add a zing to things.  :))

• Com squares upside down. I'll sort this out next month.12365481280?profile=RESIZE_400x

• Super colour, great squares!

This reply was deleted.