JANUARY 2024 THEME - DIAGONALS AND STRIPES

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Welcome to our first 'themed' month for 2024.......
DIAGONALS and STRIPES!!

When thinking of diagonals, I liken it to climbing a mountain (or maybe a small hill. I'm afraid of heights!). You can go quickly at the bottom (short rows)....but then as you near the 'summit', the 'path' takes longer....until there you are... 'at the top' (finished increasing your stitches) and then you're laughing, 'cos now it's downhill (decreasing stitches) all the way.....and by the time you approach the finish line, you're practically sprinting (through those last, ever-decreasing rows)!!
 12343889093?profile=RESIZE_400x

Stripes, in all manner, including diagonal stripes, create some of THE most snazzy and interesting blankets. They are also a good way to use up any little leftovers you may still have, hanging around from other projects....Thin stripes, thick stripes, diagonal stripes....all fun, all pretty, all GREAT!!

12343887878?profile=RESIZE_400x

Let's start the year off with a BANG!!

CoM (colour of the month) is...

ORANGE!!

12343889901?profile=RESIZE_584x

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Such beautiful colours.  The children will love these hats, Karen ... xo

• Lovely hats Karen.   I sure could use one here in Texas these last 10 days.  We have been been around 0C for days with wind.

• GORGEOUS 'random' hats, Karen.  :)) I love it when you mix them all up. I find my eyes darting from side to side trying to check them all out at once....hahaha. Think my faves here are the far left and two far right on the bottom row....a bit 'random' for me.  :))

• These always work up into such lovely designs, Karen.

• Great use of leftovers, Karen.

• 3 lovely blankets. Karen, Patricia and Sharon. Some lucky child will love yours Sharon and Patricia. Karen , I'm sure Estelle and her wonder women

will do something special with your blanket.

won

• Everybody has been making such wonderful blankets this month, not to mention the squares and hats too.  

Here is my contribution.   I have never been to Africa, but this blanket makes me think of an African sunset.  I hope it gives a sense of peace and serenity to the child that has it.

P. S.  I don't know why the lower edge looks so wavy in the photo.  In person, it looks straight.   Can my photographic skills get any worse?   I don't think so.

12364092293?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Absolutely love this!

• Wow ... Sharon, what a super blanket!  I see you've started and ended with a honeycomb border to keep it from curling.  Smart lady ;) ... xo

• Yes, Gloria, I have learned from you, My Master, that it only needs a few rows of honeycomb to keep things in control.   I just don't like working honeycomb, because I always lose track of which stitch I should be doing, and only discover my mistake on the following row, so there is a lot of ripping back to fix mistakes.   I mean, how hard can it be?   It's alternating 2 stitches!   My attention span is non-existent these days.foot-in-mouth

This reply was deleted.