Replies

• Fabulous color combination Bev.  this is a fun pattern.

• Fantastic squares, Bev.   They will be perfect for a Christmas Blanket.

• I forget the name of this square Bev, but these colours show the impact which can be gained making them.  Stunners! 

• This is called a three-and-one tweed from mosaicknitting.com

Simple as, unless you try knitting at night when you're half asleep....or you don't 'focus'. Made so many ridiculous mistakes, it wasn't funny!!

• Yes, stunning is the word that immediately came to my mind. I love this pattern, Bev.

• Amazing Karen. You must be so chuffed with all these beautiful squares and blankets. I'm sure you loved seeing how each square turned out. I knit socks and love using up my tiny balls with a slightly thicker yarn. Sock yarn is so colourful. I knitted a Mitered Square blanket with left overs, using the pattern from the Knitting Squirrel. It was great fun. You have very generous friends.

• 12751340463?profile=RESIZE_400x12751340492?profile=RESIZE_584x

My good friend Bev is a prolific sock knitter and finds that she regularly has large amounts of spare fine wool left after doing each pair.    She gave me this large collection of oddments (left) so I set to making an array of different squares, 35 in total.  

I teamed the fine wool with some white 3ply which made the tension correct for DK 4mm needles.   I knit some multi-directional diagonals, and some plain diagonals all in one design, then I did some 50/50 diagonals with smaller amounts, and finally the magic knot came into force with the tiny amounts left for 3 garter stitch squares to use almost it all up!   

What I have left will I'm sure be joined with some more of her leftovers in the future.    A challenging project which I loved xx

• A magnificent collection, so colourful

• Lovely colours and a great way to use,up all the left overs!

• What a marvelous friend and super wool.  You have made the most of this generous donation.

This reply was deleted.