KAS FINANCES

DISTRIBUTIONS

ATHELE ON THE ROAD TO BENDE MUTALE

MAY 2019

SORTED IN SOUTH AFRICA

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS

Visit our
KAS GARDEN
to choose a flower and make a donation to Knit-a-Square.
THE BLANKET ROOM

THINGS YOU MAY BE MISSING

This discussion is hiding in the

Member's Patterns Category

[HERE]

The winner of last month's KAS Kaption It Kontest is

!! JUDE SULLIVAN !! 

"I said no more wool to come into our house!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

CONGRATULATIONS, JUDE!!!

AND THANK YOU TO EACH ONE OF YOU WHO PARTICIPATED.

~ ~ ~ ~

This month's Kaption It Photo

Are you a puzzler?  Do you have a favorite type of puzzle?  Please let us know if you enjoy these new additions to our KAS Snippets editions :)

You will find the full version of these KAS Puzzles

[HERE]

MAY THEME

FINGER SNAPPIN, TOE TAPPIN, MUSIC
Pop in [HERE] to have a look at all the beautiful items that have been created this month.  And check out the music links that our contributors have been posting.  You'll probably find some perfect knitting, crocheting, or finger snappin', toe tappin' music!

SQUARES LIST

The April 2019 Squares List is available.

Because of the heavy workload for the small KAS Team, hats, handwarmers and toys will not be recorded anymore, but please keep sending them because they are desperately needed. In the 2019 Squares List the names of the senders, number of parcels and number of squares will be recorded. Please fill in the Packing Slip completely.

Please note that the office is inundated with packages and items on a weekly basis. The volunteers do their best, but it's impossible for them to list every single item that is sent. All efforts are made to list every parcel received. We thank you for your understanding.

The focus for 2019 and for some time to come will stay as is:

Squares for blankets, hats, handwarmers and cuddly soft toys.

To see more details, please click HERE

MONTHLY TOTALS

In April we received 211 parcels containing 10.806 squares, equal to 308 blankets.

Many other items were received, such as hats, handwarmers, go-overs, cuddly toys and other goodies.

~ A HEARTFELT THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS ~

THAT WARM FUZZY FEELING
by

Leanne Hunt

Today at the barn we had the opportunity to view Knit-a-Square through the eyes of some of our faithful knitters and crocheters. The Waterval group comprises women who live at a retirement village in the Florida/Roodepoort area to the west of Johannesburg. Some of them have been supporting us with squares and other knitted items for seven years. Others are new to the group and weren't quite sure what we are all about, so they were in for a wonderful surprise.

CONTINUE READING ...

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is the Kaption contest still open?

My offering:

"Hide and Sheep"

• Hahaha Linda....I LOVE it!!

• June Kirjavainen, one of our beloved River John Square Knitters has suggested this caption:

DO I LOOK SHEEPISH??

Thanks, June, for entering our contest ... xo

• What a ripper from June.....that is so funny!!

• My Kaption:"Now I know why Labradors are Retrievers not herding dogs - they just can't control a crowded situation"

• Thanks, Anne, for joining in!  Definitely a crowded situation here, eh ... hahaha ... xo

• Congratulations, Jude, on winning last month's Kaption Kontest.  I have emailed your prize to you- enjoy.

• Thank you Glo for our super Snippetts this month, the way you present the information is fantastic! 

Congratulations to Jude Sullivan for winning the April Kaption contest!

• Thank you, Chris.  I do my best and as you know, I get help from my friends ;) ... xo

• " I'm warm ! How 'bout you ?"

This reply was deleted.