Warrenton is about 262 miles from the KAS Barn in Randburg.  It is a village just north of Kimberley which is Vivienne's hometown, and located in the North Cape Province of South Africa.  Know that your KAS Shop purchase of Distribution Support helped make this delivery possible.

Vivienne took a large number of items to Warrenton on December 26.  The distributions consisted mostly of Christmas blankets as you will see from the pictures. Not all the blankets were distributed at one time.  Vivienne's contact will do more distributions when the cooler weather returns and we will get more pictures.

Warrenton is an area that struggles badly, as it is a bit off the beaten track and is forgotten by many groups.  There are about 25,000 people that live in Warrenton.

PS  This Thank You note was received in February 2019  from the Tswelelopele Community Creche in Warrenton, Northern Cape.

"Blessed is the hand that gives, because it will receive abundantly. Words will never be enough to thank you for what we received from Knit-a-Square.
May the good Lord continue to bless you and your families, so that you may look out to the needy.
Thank you so much
Yours,
Motlabi."

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So encouraging to see these happy faces  Thank you so much, KAS ladies, for driving all this way with our blankets. The pictures are wonderful! Xxxxx

• Susanne, are those some of your bears I see in the pictures?
  • Thank you for the inspiring photos.  Also, I really like the maps you are including.  It helps me to visualize the areas and the work you are doing.  (I remember a university professor I once had who said,

"when doing any report, the first thing to remember is - MAP!!!!!"  She was awesome.

• I agree. The maps totally help me visualize where towns are situated.  Great photos girls and guys thank you!

• Thank you Vivienne.  

• oh its good to see the blankets going to underserved areas!

• I agree.  The forgotten areas need even more help!  Thank you gals for driving all that distance to reach them!

This reply was deleted.