WHAT'S ON YOUR HOOKS AND NEEDLES IN FEBRUARY 2024?

Welcome to
What's on Your Hooks and Needles in February 2024

Will  it be an unfinished project? (goodness knows I have plenty of those)

12370826852?profile=RESIZE_400x

Some yarn that has been hanging around for a loooong time? (goodness knows I have plenty of that)

12370895873?profile=RESIZE_400x

A new pattern from your to-do list? (that gets longer every day)

12370926463?profile=RESIZE_400x

Whatever you fancy, I'm sure you'll have a ball (of yarn).....and maybe just feel a little 'lighter' after this month, when you discover what you have accomplished. (I hope I do).

Have fun!! smile

Colour of the month is
BLACK.

12370786084?profile=RESIZE_400x

Yes, it can be a little hard (who am I kidding, it can be very hard for a senior like me) to knit comfortably with, but just a very few black squares  can make a whole blanket design POP!!

Any hoo, as I always say -  NO PRESSURE......surprise yourself and each other, in this, our first 'free' month of the year. wink

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Stunning bold colours!

• Bold and beautiful !! I LOVE it!!

• I agree with Chris.  This blanket looks bright and lively in the photo, and will be a real treat in person.  Amazing how the black shows the basketweave pattern, but the variegated red does not!

• It still looks bold and cheery to me Karen and black really enhances the basketweave stitch. Your photographer is doinig a brilliant job 👍

• A few solid black squares and one patterned black square.   Also some pastel orange and stripes squares that sort of match squares in orange and stripes from last month.

12382552082?profile=RESIZE_584x

12382551900?profile=RESIZE_584x

• I love that chain stitch pattern, and the diagonals are so pretty!

• All lovely squares in their own way 👍

• Well done Sharon.    Kudos for crocheting with black it must have been a challenge on your eyes.   The colours in that jazzy variegated are lush x

• Black is never easy on older eyes, but these are chain-stitch squares, which makes it possible.   After the first round or two, you don't have to actually see what you're doing, just feel for the chain space, and work it. 

This is also the only stitch that I can do and read at the same time!  That's the reason that I have made thousands of these squares, and will continue to do them regularly.

• A LOVELY collection  of squares, Sharon!!  Love, love, LOVE the black patterned one.

The orange and striped ones are soooo pretty....great colour combo.  :))

This reply was deleted.