JANUARY 2024 THEME - DIAGONALS AND STRIPES

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Welcome to our first 'themed' month for 2024.......
DIAGONALS and STRIPES!!

When thinking of diagonals, I liken it to climbing a mountain (or maybe a small hill. I'm afraid of heights!). You can go quickly at the bottom (short rows)....but then as you near the 'summit', the 'path' takes longer....until there you are... 'at the top' (finished increasing your stitches) and then you're laughing, 'cos now it's downhill (decreasing stitches) all the way.....and by the time you approach the finish line, you're practically sprinting (through those last, ever-decreasing rows)!!
 12343889093?profile=RESIZE_400x

Stripes, in all manner, including diagonal stripes, create some of THE most snazzy and interesting blankets. They are also a good way to use up any little leftovers you may still have, hanging around from other projects....Thin stripes, thick stripes, diagonal stripes....all fun, all pretty, all GREAT!!

12343887878?profile=RESIZE_400x

Let's start the year off with a BANG!!

CoM (colour of the month) is...

ORANGE!!

12343889901?profile=RESIZE_584x

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Beautiful Squares, Beautiful Blanket, Diane.   Your work is always perfectly even.  Just wonderful.

P.S.  I'm in the same boat regarding the Photos Tab.  There used to be an "add photo" button, but no more.  Adding them directly to the discussion is the only option, but I don't know how the moderators will make a monthly photo album that way.  Oh!   The joys of "upgrade"!  

• It's also much more difficult to locate old photos, Sharon, which are very useful when putting together introductions to themes.

• I am glad to find the new site and really enjoyed the beautiful pictures of december incl the christmas contributions.

• I'm glad you found us, Ada! Always look forward to your year panels.

• Happy New Year to all of you!

It's diagonal in the months theme wink

• 12343719486?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Lovely panel, as always, Ada.  Happy New Year to you, and to all my KASfriends ... xo

• Happy set of squares!

• Ada, your yearly addition is always a winner. 

Well done and so creative.

• Ada, your 2024 panel is another gem, I love your parrot too!

This reply was deleted.