JANUARY 2024 THEME - DIAGONALS AND STRIPES

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Welcome to our first 'themed' month for 2024.......
DIAGONALS and STRIPES!!

When thinking of diagonals, I liken it to climbing a mountain (or maybe a small hill. I'm afraid of heights!). You can go quickly at the bottom (short rows)....but then as you near the 'summit', the 'path' takes longer....until there you are... 'at the top' (finished increasing your stitches) and then you're laughing, 'cos now it's downhill (decreasing stitches) all the way.....and by the time you approach the finish line, you're practically sprinting (through those last, ever-decreasing rows)!!
 12343889093?profile=RESIZE_400x

Stripes, in all manner, including diagonal stripes, create some of THE most snazzy and interesting blankets. They are also a good way to use up any little leftovers you may still have, hanging around from other projects....Thin stripes, thick stripes, diagonal stripes....all fun, all pretty, all GREAT!!

12343887878?profile=RESIZE_400x

Let's start the year off with a BANG!!

CoM (colour of the month) is...

ORANGE!!

12343889901?profile=RESIZE_584x

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Chris, your blanket IS beautiful neither it's orange nor striped. I love the variegated yarn you used. cool

• I can't remember you ever doing an all-in-one style blanket without panels or going round and round Chris.... This has showcased the wool beautifully and your crocheting looks so neat and even.   I should also add that we don't mind whenever a  completed project appears on the forum honeybun x

• Well spotted Karen, I haven't made one without adding stripes, wide borders or panels for a few years.

• Your blankets are always beautiful Chris, and this is no exception

• I can see some diagonals and some orange in there, Chris, although the orange may be the camera playing tricks! A lovely warm blanket whichever theme it goes under.

• The colourways are STUNNING (as are the colours) in your blanket, Chris. I LOVE it!!

• 12357914686?profile=RESIZE_710x

I was gifted some brown based aran wools - one plain, one variegated.   This blanket is knit double strand in one piece, so is worked on 9mm needles and is really squidgy and cosey feeling.  For a little change from the basketweave I did K6P6 a row, then P6K6 a row (2row repeat). 

• Gorgeous Karen. 

• Marvelous blanket Karen.

• This gorgeous blanket will keep some child very warm

This reply was deleted.