Replies

• Two super blankets and an amazing array of beautiful squares Karen. I love the way you make the most of every bit of yarn 👍

• WOWZA!   What amazing collections you have created.  The sock yarns are so varied and colorful, and you've used them to best advantage.

Likewise, the thicker yarns worked up into lively and cheerful squares, and those beautiful basketweave blankets that you make.

All in all, it is just stunning and warming and beautiful.

• Sock wools are always so pretty and this is an ingenious way to make them a suitable thickness for KAS, Karen. Your friend has great taste!

• I just LOVE the way you use up every last bit of yarn......and if you didn't say so, none of us would know that they were 'scraps' of yarn. They all look like 'new purchases' balls of variegated/patterning yarns. You are SO clever, Karen! xo

• 12751334252?profile=RESIZE_584x

Three different aran ply wools used here to make a total of 25 garter stitch squares.   

(A very good friend I visited lately gave me both the jazzy primary colours half cake which made 6 squares, and 2 Madame Tricote berry coloured cakes too which knit up 14 squares).  The tiger set of 5 were knit using the absolute last of the animal print coloured aran I made the recent blankets with.

• Delicious colour mixes

• Loveint the self-patterning yarn on the left. It is so cheerful.

• I understand now why it took you a while to get round to photographing all these squares, Karen. You and Sharon have certainly excelled yourselves this month.

• LOVE your selection, Karen!!......especially the ones far left. What interesting colourways.

• 12751327281?profile=RESIZE_710x12751328478?profile=RESIZE_584x

I had 1Kg of aran which struck me as seeming very like a tiger so I started to knit with it for the South Africa theme earlier this year.   

I teamed it with a light beige and made a large sized blanket and once I'd finished I realised there was enough to knit a baby blanket too.

6.5mm needles throughout, knit double strand

This reply was deleted.