AFRICA

From Egypt12437660453?profile=RESIZE_584x

To Victoria Falls

12437662261?profile=RESIZE_710x

Africa has many incredible destinations to visit.

There are such amazing and unique animals,

From Lions

12437662673?profile=RESIZE_400x

to Elephants

12437662866?profile=RESIZE_400x

Or Penguins

12437662895?profile=RESIZE_400x

Maybe an Ostrich

12437664052?profile=RESIZE_400xAnd for sure the Giraffes

12437664687?profile=RESIZE_710x

AFRICA has so many things for the children to explore and enjoy.

This month let us celebrate all that is Africa and embrace the colors of the South African Flag.

12173045682?profile=RESIZE_400x

The Colors of the Month are Yellow and Gold.

We cannot wait to see your creations...

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Squares in yarn labeled Gold.12546563052?profile=RESIZE_400x

• Bev - I sent you a message at the weekend which I assume you haven't seen. I know you said before that you're not getting notifications so can you check your Inbox to see if the message arrived.

• 12546402500?profile=RESIZE_400xSending a little love with the colors of the South African flag.

• Another beauty, Amy, A heart always gets its message across.

• Patricia , don't ever run out of that yellow and green yarn. Those squares are so darn " happy" "pretty" and I love them.

• Simplified African Flower Squares using just two colours.

12546178262?profile=RESIZE_584x

• These are GORGEOUS!! With just two colours it really highlights the pattern (for me) as I'm not distracted with a splash of multiple colours. LOVE them!!

• These are so bright and cheerful.  Well done.

• Foodie Friday...so fun fact, thought, ideas about food in South Africa.

Some of the most popular spices:

Peri-Peri - You will see peri-peri spelled piri piri or even peli peli in other parts of Africa. Derived from the Swahili term pilipili, it means pepper pepper and refers to bird’s eye chiles. These tiny peppers are used to bring heat to various African cuisines including South Africa’s cooking. 

12545297096?profile=RESIZE_400x

Peri-peri peppers are moderately hot with a savory and slightly grassy flavor. They may be served as a condiment at a braai, which is a South African barbecue. They may also be chopped up and used to season the spicy beef dish known as trinchado that was brought to South Africa by Portuguese settlers.

Durban Curry Powder - Durban curry powder comes from the city of Durban in the KwaZulu-Natal province. It is considered one of the best curry powders in the world. Durban is the home of the majority of South Africa’s Indian immigrants which is why many of the city’s dishes have such a heavy Indian influence. Most of these immigrants are from the states of Gujarat and Tamil Nadu, so the food from Durban tends to be on the spicy side.

Braai salt-Braai is one of the culinary traditions that all of South Africa’s ethnicities have in common. Braai salt is a dry rub that can include ingredients such as mustard, coriander, and cumin. These spices may be used to cook meats ranging from beef and lamb to more exotic proteins like ostrich and kudu.

12545300052?profile=RESIZE_400x

Something Sweet...

Koeksister - A koeksister  is a traditional Afrikaner confectionery made of fried dough infused in syrup or honey. There is also a Cape Malay version of the dish, which is a fried ball of dough that is rolled in desiccated coconut called a koesister.

12545300672?profile=RESIZE_400x

• I fancied making some bobble squares. The top one is a bunny rabbit and, although I feel the nose/mouth area looks a bit confused, I hope the ears will be enough to give it away!

12545128300?profile=RESIZE_584x

This reply was deleted.