What's on Your Needles and Hooks in April 2024?

What's on your hooks and needles in April 2024?

What surprises await your fellow KASers, from your hooks and needles this month?

I hope it's lots of this.....

12414731474?profile=RESIZE_400x

and this....

12414732663?profile=RESIZE_400x

and this....

12414732890?profile=RESIZE_400x

and this.....

12414733686?profile=RESIZE_400x

But none of this...............

12414728692?profile=RESIZE_180x180

Colour of the Month (CoM) is
BROWN!

12414736065?profile=RESIZE_400x
12414735885?profile=RESIZE_400x

Now some might consider brown a pretty boring colour to put in a child's blanket, but there are soooo many shades......and it complements sooooo many other colours. I'm thinking mint green , lemon,  lilac and lavender, turquoise...to name a few. So, if you have some 'browns' lurking in the bottom of your stash, drag them out...this is their moment (month) to shine!! 

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Linen stitch looks very interesting Bev. I might give it a go myself. 

• Two different browns in linen stitch. They are square, the surface beneath was just uneven when photographed.

12428685462?profile=RESIZE_584x

• Super stitch Bev. 

• So pretty!

• Very clever xx

• Love the look of these squares, Bev.  The texture adds that extra dimension.

• Beautiful Bev, I love the stitch 👍

• These are exquisite, Bev. I've never heard of linen stitch in knitting - is the name interchangeable with moss stitch like it is in crochet?

• I've read about linen stitch in knitting over the years, Patricia.  Once read an article comparing 'linen stitch'  which uses slipped stitches on both front and back of work to 'half linen stitch' which uses slipped stitches only on the front.  Unfortunately, I can't relocate it now!  I seem to remember it saying that 'linen stitch' made a very tight and dense fabric, due to all those slipped stitches, while 'half linen stitch' was a bit more flexible since the number of slipped stitches was reduced by half.   Isn't it amazing all the various things we can do with just a couple sticks and piece of string!

• Good Heavens! I'll be interested to see what Bev says about this.

This reply was deleted.