What's on Your Needles and Hooks in April 2024?

What's on your hooks and needles in April 2024?

What surprises await your fellow KASers, from your hooks and needles this month?

I hope it's lots of this.....

12414731474?profile=RESIZE_400x

and this....

12414732663?profile=RESIZE_400x

and this....

12414732890?profile=RESIZE_400x

and this.....

12414733686?profile=RESIZE_400x

But none of this...............

12414728692?profile=RESIZE_180x180

Colour of the Month (CoM) is
BROWN!

12414736065?profile=RESIZE_400x
12414735885?profile=RESIZE_400x

Now some might consider brown a pretty boring colour to put in a child's blanket, but there are soooo many shades......and it complements sooooo many other colours. I'm thinking mint green , lemon,  lilac and lavender, turquoise...to name a few. So, if you have some 'browns' lurking in the bottom of your stash, drag them out...this is their moment (month) to shine!! 

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is the pattern I used.....

https://www.knittingstitchpatterns.com/2016/04/linen-stitch.html

I had bought the yarn from Lovecrafts (UK) online a couple years back, but found it thinnish for an 8 ply/DK, so thought this might be the answer to use some of it, without having to 'double strand' knit.

I used 4.5mm needles, 'cos I had trialled this pattern or something very similar, a year or two back with thicker yarn with the correct sized needles, and found it (as Sharon has said) very stiff, so this time, although it was thinner yarn, I used 4.5mm needles and it is still reasonably firm, but not quite so 'tight' as my previous attempt.

The first square was certainly a test for my brain, but after a while I got into the rhythm, provided I didn't get too engrossed in a tv programme and forget what I was doing....haha.

Linen Stitch
            The Linen stitch is a beautiful knitting stitch, looks almost like Crochet. It gives a woven look, and the impression of fancy colorwork
            • Great experience and valuable information from you Bev.   Thank You for letting us know how it worked for you.

• Thanks for that, Bev. I never can resist a new pattern - even if it is knitting! Your perseverence was certainly worth the effort.

• I've enjoyed working with these spring-like colours as an antidote to the miserable weather we've been having lately. Thankfully spring arrived in time for me to take the photo.

12428527675?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Beautiful spring colours Patricia... we have an ad for washing powder 🎼🎵it's good and fresh and clean Tra La La 🎵🎶🎵

• Beautiful spring colours!

• Oh, yes!  Such lovely spring brights!  It just feels cheerful.   Great work, as always, Patricia.

• Looks like a wonderful day in the UK.  Stunning blanket.

• Sadly it didn't last long, Amy. We were back to wet and windy yesterday and most of the blossom from our neighbours' tree ended up on our lawn!

• Such a SWEET blanket, Patricia!!  LOVE the colours/colourways.  :))

We are still enjoying sunshine here, though our water supply is looking a little sick, as we have had no significant rain in months.

This reply was deleted.